Government House world built in Minecraft
Government House alongside Charles Darwin University and the Department of Education has developed the immersive historical world of Government House using Minecraft. Students can tour and explore this important building in a fun and interactive way from their local school.
Minecraft is a game-based learning platform that promotes creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment. It enables teachers to create lessons and worlds to educate students on a variety of subjects including Architecture and Design, History, Science, English Studies and more.
To experience Government House in Minecraft;
- Download the Government House world and save it to an appropriate location on your computer.
- Download the Minecraft: Education Edition application and click through the onscreen instructions.
- Open Minecraft click “Play”, then click “Import”. Note: NT School teachers and students will need to sign in by using their NT school email address, for example email@example.com and enter in their password.
- Navigate to where you saved the world on your computer, and select it to import the downloaded world into Minecraft.
- Click “View My Worlds”. The Government House model should now be available to use and explore.
Credit: The Government House world was developed by the students Reema Bali and Patrick Alegria at Charles Darwin University.